Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Help for new players

Help for new players If you have a question about the game, ask here, and other players may be able to help you get started.

Old 01-28-2006, 15:49

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy
Well.... i'm doing it every day We're having nice conversations, even in 5/v for example....
I tried to refer to the thing that most players on the forum has very (very!) bad English, so your estimation(70%) seems to be too optimistic
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2006, 18:00

nice conversations:
*watching*
Hi
hello

Moderator: warning...))
Old 01-28-2006, 19:04
moron

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half
Hi
hi you Moron
two problems most hungarians do not know what moron means.
Second if you dont specifie what is misleading whats wrong in the help than they wont do anything.
They wont correct it or write a new one if someone tells that it sux.
i did not think i had to specify. it is everywhere. not only are there uncertainties, the english is just plain ugly; which discouragingly, does not help with the gaming experience. there is a lack of correlation between the story lines and technical specs too. and many of the frustrating problems have to do with technical specifics. it is understandble considering its origin and players. but there is nothing wrong with improvement.
i'll provide 2 simple examples (first of which has to do with technical specs, and second, use of language) that i had some problems with.
quote: +20% place in the buildings
explanation: i think its undefined meaning of 'buildings' is clear.
quote: In battles they get more land and more loot. In conquest they get +1% land, in pillage they get +10% loot.
explanation: since it was never mentioned anywhere else in the guide about the numbers on land gains through conquest (exact numbers or otherwise), people could very likely intepret that as 101% of the usual land gains. which later i'm told otherwise is just an additional 1% on top of the usual roughly 7%. and even if it was mentioned, it should still be stated as well.
it is hard to see these obscurity if you have been playing the game for more than a few months, but when i was new, i could hardly understand the guide. please do not interpret this as arrogance but it was not due to my ineptness with english but rather the author's lack of perceptiveness of the many implications of english words. and please do not find fault with my "lack of perceptiveness". it is a written guide and as such should be as clear as possible. i play another game utopia, for a much longer time now, and its guide is much better i'd have to say. take a look and you'll understand my meaning: games.swirve.com/utopia/help/
thanx for reading this far
Old 01-28-2006, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron
i did not think i had to specify. it is everywhere. not only are there uncertainties, the english is just plain ugly; which discouragingly, does not help with the gaming experience. there is a lack of correlation between the story lines and technical specs too. and many of the frustrating problems have to do with technical specifics. it is understandble considering its origin and players. but there is nothing wrong with improvement.
i'll provide 2 simple examples (first of which has to do with technical specs, and second, use of language) that i had some problems with.
quote: +20% place in the buildings
explanation: i think its undefined meaning of 'buildings' is clear.
quote: In battles they get more land and more loot. In conquest they get +1% land, in pillage they get +10% loot.
explanation: since it was never mentioned anywhere else in the guide about the numbers on land gains through conquest (exact numbers or otherwise), people could very likely intepret that as 101% of the usual land gains. which later i'm told otherwise is just an additional 1% on top of the usual roughly 7%. and even if it was mentioned, it should still be stated as well.
it is hard to see these obscurity if you have been playing the game for more than a few months, but when i was new, i could hardly understand the guide. please do not interpret this as arrogance but it was not due to my ineptness with english but rather the author's lack of perceptiveness of the many implications of english words. and please do not find fault with my "lack of perceptiveness". it is a written guide and as such should be as clear as possible. i play another game utopia, for a much longer time now, and its guide is much better i'd have to say. take a look and you'll understand my meaning: games.swirve.com/utopia/help/
thanx for reading this far

The problem is that you can be a 100% right, but if you dont write exact problems they wont react.

Im not making the game I just know you got a really small chance that they will make a better help.
The hungarian isnt the best either.
And on the other side they didnt worte down everything in the help. so there are stuff you ll have too experience and then learn hot they work anyway. Make some experiments.

so Sorry but Ive got a filling the help is not going to be changed...
Old 01-29-2006, 07:05
moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half
The problem is that you can be a 100% right, but if you dont write exact problems they wont react.
Im not making the game I just know you got a really small chance that they will make a better help.
The hungarian isnt the best either.
And on the other side they didnt worte down everything in the help. so there are stuff you ll have too experience and then learn hot they work anyway. Make some experiments.
so Sorry but Ive got a filling the help is not going to be changed...
i suppose you are right. but one must at least try right? thx for not knocking me down. i know how i must seem to come across.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:04
impasto

Default helpfull...?

can't say i find the 'help for new players' on the forum very helpfull.

...took me a few days to find out how most things work.

my tip for new players: go to: governor> topics and read all the stuff here with care, cause the short guide wont help you much. especially the part on races is very usefull to start a strategy for yourself.

note that most tips that are given on the forum are disputable, so you will just have to find out for yourself...i guess thats part of the fun...
Old 10-10-2006, 11:51

Wink

hmmm..... the help for new players in the english forum might not be that helpful as most of the good players are hungarian since in hungarian this game is 7 years old so they are writing in the hungarian part of this forum, as it is more convenient, but still it worth trying to ask something here as well... I think you'll get an answer in 2 hours.. I think this is the only way this forum will become helpful you know
Old 11-05-2006, 16:30

Hi all!

I've some problems with the english version. I was in a very long vacation, and i wanted to continue today. But a small and really nice message welcame me, that i've no more time to level up. I thought it's not a big problem, just i need to restart the level. But i can't do it(i'm on the 4th level, not on the 5th)! My only chance is that i will be a vip member. Or the zero start... So my questions: have i got an other chance? And will it be the way of hódító too?

And sorry, but i can't speak english very well
Old 11-05-2006, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeLord View Post
Hi all!

I've some problems with the english version. I was in a very long vacation, and i wanted to continue today. But a small and really nice message welcame me, that i've no more time to level up. I thought it's not a big problem, just i need to restart the level. But i can't do it(i'm on the 4th level, not on the 5th)! My only chance is that i will be a vip member. Or the zero start... So my questions: have i got an other chance? And will it be the way of hódító too?

And sorry, but i can't speak english very well
no you have no other chace than VIP
Old 11-05-2006, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacqa View Post
no you have no other chace than VIP
Why can't you restart/level? If your top rounds still advance, you just have to wait. ( and hope you country won't crash). I see no reason why couldn't you restart though, maybe you haven't got 500 rounds?