Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Strategy & Tips

Strategy & Tips Want to convince others that your strategy is the best? That your race and personality are the best? This is the place. :)

Old 01-29-2006, 20:34
MiKoR

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

okay, but i had an alliance, they can defend me, but the giant is the best race for mage i know it!

Mike... an experienced player disinterested that he "doesn't" "knows how hard is to get through their defence and if they can "reply" to the attack."

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2006, 17:52

Longevity: 99%
Default for newbies

my suggestion for new players is to start a country, and train many units of everything: archers, horsemen, elites, mages and theves! the race doesent matter. they should stay low, they shouldn't attack for land nor discover land. they should stay on 200 acres, and if they get attacked and lose land, its for the better, because they will get even lower in the scorelist, where good/veteran players dont usually stay much. they will be among other newbies. so stay low, train, write scrolls, and EXPERIENCE: try to make CB's of each other, try to steal from each other, loot each other, but DO NOT ATTACK FOR LAND, because you will find yourself near good players, who will kill you
you should try out every magic/thievery action, and see/discover whats the difference between every action. DO NOT try to read the whole help before you register, because you will understand NOTHING. you must play/experience the game WHILE reading the help when you dont understand something. you will slowly learn the races, personalities, magic and thievery actions, attacks. you will learn strategies from others, and from personal experience.
after you'll know these stuff, you should decide what you like more: magic, thievery or military. you should know which races to chose in every situation: if you want to be a military country, you should chose to be an orc, a giant maybe, but surely not a half-elf; if you want to be a mage, you wouldnt want to chose to be a dwarf; and so on...
if someone bothers you alot, and you cannot do anything about it, you should use diplomacy, by sending him/her a message and let him/her know you are a newbie. if this doesent impress the attacker, dont hesitate to delete your country, and start all over again with a new one. i hate to break all newbies the news, but dont think you will succeed much with your first country. i started over like 5 times when i learnt the game my first good country to get to 4/L was my 5th to 10th country (i dont remember exactly, it was 5 years ago )

i hope i was helpful to all newbie players. i wish everyone good luck, and remember: the key is EXPERIENCE
Old 04-12-2006, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by csavo
my suggestion for new players is to start a country, and train many units of everything: archers, horsemen, elites, mages and theves! the race doesent matter. they should stay low, they shouldn't attack for land nor discover land. they should stay on 200 acres, and if they get attacked and lose land, its for the better, because they will get even lower in the scorelist, where good/veteran players dont usually stay much. they will be among other newbies. so stay low, train, write scrolls, and EXPERIENCE: try to make CB's of each other, try to steal from each other, loot each other, but DO NOT ATTACK FOR LAND, because you will find yourself near good players, who will kill you
you should try out every magic/thievery action, and see/discover whats the difference between every action. DO NOT try to read the whole help before you register, because you will understand NOTHING. you must play/experience the game WHILE reading the help when you dont understand something. you will slowly learn the races, personalities, magic and thievery actions, attacks. you will learn strategies from others, and from personal experience.
after you'll know these stuff, you should decide what you like more: magic, thievery or military. you should know which races to chose in every situation: if you want to be a military country, you should chose to be an orc, a giant maybe, but surely not a half-elf; if you want to be a mage, you wouldnt want to chose to be a dwarf; and so on...
if someone bothers you alot, and you cannot do anything about it, you should use diplomacy, by sending him/her a message and let him/her know you are a newbie. if this doesent impress the attacker, dont hesitate to delete your country, and start all over again with a new one. i hate to break all newbies the news, but dont think you will succeed much with your first country. i started over like 5 times when i learnt the game my first good country to get to 4/L was my 5th to 10th country (i dont remember exactly, it was 5 years ago )

i hope i was helpful to all newbie players. i wish everyone good luck, and remember: the key is EXPERIENCE

a little correction because it misleads: not loot each other, but loot the others :P
Old 04-22-2006, 14:12

thank you for the correction remedy
i might also add one more thing. vip is very useful to newbies, it helps to develope the country quicker, and to put on defensive magic spells. you should read the governor help very carefully, though, because it is very tricky to setup, and if its wrong, it can make serious damages to your country.
Old 08-01-2007, 23:20
Swiss

Longevity: 0%
Default Dwarf for a newbee? Why not?

Many of the expirienced players do not suggest dwarf for the first country you register. One hand I agree you have to have nerves from cord to play it, second hand I think dwarf race can be good choice for a newbee.

In case of small amount of countries took place in the group, dwarf can be an excellent choice. Why? It is simple.

For example an other country slaughters you, no problem you train your special units in 10 rounds wich is a big advantage compered to other races.

Another example: in those groups mentioned above the price of the gems are always around the highest price (2000 gold) so when you have gem mines your income per round can be about 180180 gold ( dwarf race, farmer personality, with 3 gem mines, 2000 gold/gem). Just an advise: it is better to sell gems in any rounds, because thief countries usually looking for dwarf countries to steal from them. Don't get nervous if many portals are opened to your country at the same time, thats just the way it is for a Dwarf, locate the thiefs, than give free way to your horses, elites to take your revenge. As you know the taste of revenge is sweat.

Last but not least, you have to follow the basic material prices on the market,
after that you are able to decide wich mines are needed and wich are less important to make money. Usually the price of stone and/or weapon is the highest from all the basic materials. And don't forget that your race (dwarf) has the best mining capacity and the highest production from weapons in the game, you have to turn it to your advantage. You can keep smithies (production per round 9 weapons), with 6 smithies your production per day will be 1296. If you sell 1000 per day you will have still 296 wich is more than enough for training new troops.

Dwarf is not the best warrior, or the best thief. And he has serious disadvantage by wizardy compered to other races (except undead forces).

Yes I know it.

But I also beleive that dwarf countries are so tough that it is very hard to force them to delete. Because there are always many possibilities to rebuild, retrain troops when someone attacked you.
Old 10-01-2008, 13:38

Longevity: 90%
Thumbs up Yes Swiss.

I agree (almoust) whit u Swiss, but playing the dwarfs is "nerve brake"-ing experience for new players...
U wont see a new player calculating the time when he needs to be online
He will just produce and produce and produce... and he will get robbed and robbed and robbed... and thats a little anoing...
Yes u described very well in big terms how a new player should play this race but show them pls a reference... a list of buildings how a dwarf should look like... manuvers on diferent stereotypes of situationes...

I played twice (i think) dwarfs so my advice on list of buildings its not really founded on a long experience whit dwarfs... but im sure there are lots of players whit the knowlege that is needed

Sorry for my bad english folks!
Old 11-10-2014, 19:03

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati View Post
I personally would not suggest undead for the first race. It is very easy to play with, but you will completely miss about two thirds of the game (wizardry and thievery).

I would only suggest Undead when you already know the game, and want an easyly managable country. Maybe as a second country if you have one in the upper levels.
Sounds to me that the undead race is indeed the way to go for a new player. Less options to deal with = a easier game to play for the first time. Kind of like checkers vs chess. You yourself Ati say it is very easy to play AND easy to manage that sort of country. While the magic and looting aspect of the game looks very interesting I could easily drop it and concentrate on less game stuff and so try to get through the game for a set.
Old 11-10-2014, 21:29
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
Sounds to me that the undead race is indeed the way to go for a new player. Less options to deal with = a easier game to play for the first time. Kind of like checkers vs chess. You yourself Ati say it is very easy to play AND easy to manage that sort of country. While the magic and looting aspect of the game looks very interesting I could easily drop it and concentrate on less game stuff and so try to get through the game for a set.
It's totally up to you. I would still not recommend it, simply because even though this race cannot use magic and thievery, OTHERS CAN USE THESE AGAINST YOU! And if this is your first time playing Queosia, you won't know what's possible and what's not against you.
Old 11-10-2014, 23:34

Longevity: 51%
Default More questions

Well I have already picked giants as my race so I doubt if I will go try another kingdom before I master this one.
-----
OK. This is what is confusing me now;

1. I think I had around 200 land when I explored for more but now after I was attacked for a few days I lost some - down to around 174 acres. But the game won't allow me to recover that lost land through more exploring. And I have read another players post in here suggesting that I shouldn't attack others for awhile - stay on that 200 acres as long as you can. Lol, I have never encounter this problem in other text games. So where does this leave me at? And should I have waited to explore for land so I would of had that for a future back up option?

2. And I thought it interesting that the game said I could wait to choose my race and personality but I went ahead and picked my desired types after a few days of playing. But I have been unable to find a new players guide to what exactly each race (and personality type) helps you with. Can anyone point to that particular page?
Old 11-10-2014, 23:45
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
Well I have already picked giants as my race so I doubt if I will go try another kingdom before I master this one.
-----
OK. This is what is confusing me now;

1. I think I had around 200 land when I explored for more but now after I was attacked for a few days I lost some - down to around 174 acres. But the game won't allow me to recover that lost land through more exploring. And I have read another players post in here suggesting that I shouldn't attack others for awhile - stay on that 200 acres as long as you can. Lol, I have never encounter this problem in other text games. So where does this leave me at? And should I have waited to explore for land so I would of had that for a future back up option?

2. And I thought it interesting that the game said I could wait to choose my race and personality but I went ahead and picked my desired types after a few days of playing. But I have been unable to find a new players guide to what exactly each race (and personality type) helps you with. Can anyone point to that particular page?
You can find more info on races in Help -> Races, and more info on personalities in Help -> Personalities.

If your country is not fully built up to be able to defend itself at 200 acres, it stands an even smaller chance of defending itself with more land. Build everything up, train as many military units as possible, have your science at maximum, then gain more land. Either by exploring (if you have lots of barren land, you won't be able to explore) or by attacking others for land.