Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Help for new players

Help for new players If you have a question about the game, ask here, and other players may be able to help you get started.

Old 02-03-2006, 20:19
Artúr

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Marking player nationality

In the international version should add the score list nationality of player. (H, GB, USA, ect.) It wouldn't be obligatori just a possibility. It would be interesting. (I think.)

What do You think of it?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2006, 21:03
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artúr
In the international version should add the score list nationality of player. (H, GB, USA, ect.) It wouldn't be obligatori just a possibility. It would be interesting. (I think.)

What do You think of it?
People would randomly choose nationalities, and this list would make no sense, since it would not be true at all. Just look at "Date of birth" in the country introductions. (Mainly the Hungarian version, more poeple have introductions there with totally false dates, such as 1680, even though filling this field out is just an option.)
Old 02-04-2006, 14:00
Mike zoostorm

Longevity: 0%

Ati: can`t you get this information from the IP adress? And you could make this whole thing just optional...the player could choose if he/she wants the rest to see his/her nationality?
If it is too mush extra work, then there is no point of course...
Old 02-04-2006, 14:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike zoostorm
Ati: can`t you get this information from the IP adress? And you could make this whole thing just optional...the player could choose if he/she wants the rest to see his/her nationality?
If it is too mush extra work, then there is no point of course...
We could, but this would also be a false list with all these open-proxies around. I can make myself appear from a Russian ip, then from an Italian, the next minute from Switzerland.

A list like this really makes no sense. If someone want to make this information public, they can just enter it in their country introduction, where other can see it.

I have to point out, that you can enter anything there, so there is no guarantee that whatever you read there will be true.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:39

Longevity: 99%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati
We could, but this would also be a false list with all these open-proxies around. I can make myself appear from a Russian ip, then from an Italian, the next minute from Switzerland.

A list like this really makes no sense. If someone want to make this information public, they can just enter it in their country introduction, where other can see it.

I have to point out, that you can enter anything there, so there is no guarantee that whatever you read there will be true.
And what is about the time zones?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:52
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisbér
And what is about the time zones?
What about them?
Old 04-22-2006, 14:47

Longevity: 99%
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati
i dont think anyone would change his IP depending on where he should be in the world for strategicly misleading the opponent. in my opinion, this nationality option would not be a strategic matter, but an opportunity to make foreign friends. of course, some might use it for advantage, its no doubt. but this works vice versa. lets say somebody from hungary attacks somebody from america, because he/she believes the american is sleeping, and cannot retaliate. he might think wrong, because the american could retaliate when there is night in hungary.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:54

Longevity: 97%

This is an interesting topic. I myself wonder what nationalities are the players. I think I'll do a topic just for nationalities. Who knows, maybe something interesting would come out of it.
Sponsored Links