Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Help for new players

Help for new players If you have a question about the game, ask here, and other players may be able to help you get started.

Old 10-03-2007, 16:16

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Cool game is vicious? Of course it is

First of all, I am a new player (only few days exp). Secondly, I wasn't attacked as the previous player complained by a superior player whose only purpose was to vanquish me (yet). But I see that the best players on the score table have fame more than 80,000 points minus (one has more than -200,000 p). What's going on? Can administration do something about this? It's extremely unfair for us, new players being attacked by the most valuable teams. I understand that the best teams have minus fame because there aren't valuable teams equal as theirs and I understand that they have the right to attack everyone they think that his defeat will benefit them. But it is also tempting attacking to easy targets when administration doesn't protect them. Why someone with 2 personalities, 30,000 value and 3 allies have the right to attack to a player who has 10,000 value and not the experience to make an alliance. Yes, sometimes the very new players can't find allies easily. I only mention the weakness of the game's rules. I'm sorry if are rules which are prevent this situation. Thanks for the answers...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 16:24
Pax Hungaricum

Longevity: 0%

Your courty has (about) 8000 points. The biggest ower 200000. The negative fame is nothing. But... There are rounds. How many rounds is the distance between you and him? I can ask: How many days?
Old 10-03-2007, 16:31

Default Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Hungaricum View Post
Your courty has (about) 8000 points. The biggest ower 200000. The negative fame is nothing. But... There are rounds. How many rounds is the distance between you and him? I can ask: How many days?
Negative fame counts . You see to whom the other players attack. An honorable player and alliance is right to attack to better players not to weak and unexperienced players. Also I don't speak about an existing danger for me but in order to know what is the opinion of the other players.
Old 10-03-2007, 16:31
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Fame is an interesting question... You get negative fame for attacking countries below you. You get positive fame for attacking countries above you.

If you are at the top, there are very few (if any) countries above you. This means that most actions will go downwards, giving the top countries negative fame.

The top countries will not attack you, it's not worth it for them. If they DO attack you, their army will be on route for days, always getting smaller and smaller in size. And because of the value difference, they will not gain anything from the attack even if they are successful.

So you do not have to worry about the top players.

You only have to worry about not getting close to them while you are unprepared.

Do not want extra value points by exploring, if your country is not at its maximum at its current size yet.

If you get attacked at first, that may even be good for you, your country will be smaller, away from the "brutal action", and you can get it ready for the big fights that will come when you start moving up.
Old 10-03-2007, 16:35
Pax Hungaricum

Longevity: 0%

Yes, fame counts. But who cares? I have got a country with: 11.338.138 positive fame points. And so? That's good, to see. Nothing else.
Old 10-03-2007, 16:43

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati View Post
So you do not have to worry about the top players.

You only have to worry about not getting close to them while you are unprepared.

Do not want extra value points by exploring, if your country is not at its maximum at its current size yet.
Thanks for the advise. It really helps me a lot. I did this (exploring a lot) until I understood that I was getting closer to big countries without been prepared
Old 10-03-2007, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Hungaricum View Post
Yes, fame counts. But who cares? I have got a country with: 11.338.138 positive fame points. And so? That's good, to see. Nothing else.
so? You have honor and you don't exploit the weak players. It would be nice if there was a Hall Of Fame representing the positive fame and not the value
Old 10-03-2007, 20:21

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas View Post
so? You have honor and you don't exploit the weak players. It would be nice if there was a Hall Of Fame representing the positive fame and not the value
I think there is nothing honorable in stealing nothing from a country which is about a hundred times bigger than yours and has no thieves... It may look like cool, indeed, but has no sense
Old 10-04-2007, 16:53

Default Even thievery is brave action

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewB View Post
I think there is nothing honorable in stealing nothing from a country which is about a hundred times bigger than yours and has no thieves... It may look like cool, indeed, but has no sense
It's up to you to find him and prove that your country has the power to punish the thieves. Slaughter them if you can. But you must admit that it is bravery when a small country challenge a bigger one even with that way. It makes me furious too when they are stealing me but it is the only way sometimes to expand...
Old 10-04-2007, 17:06

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costas View Post
It's up to you to find him and prove that your country has the power to punish the thieves. Slaughter them if you can. But you must admit that it is bravery when a small country challenge a bigger one even with that way. It makes me furious too when they are stealing me but it is the only way sometimes to expand...
There is no bravery in this at all. None of the two coutries can perform any succesful actions on the other, therefore there is no challenge.
Furthermore, a bigger country always has strategical handicap, because the military actions of the country which has smaller value are far more effective and destructive
Sponsored Links