Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Strategy & Tips

Strategy & Tips Want to convince others that your strategy is the best? That your race and personality are the best? This is the place. :)

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laci View Post
Hey,

you better avoid others logging in to your account (or you doing the same with other's), and there will be no problem
Hi Laci,

Well I think *you* are one of the persons who offered to help me with translation in H. LOL

But no problem on my end .... I would never allow someone else to log into my country and do anything. To me that is dishonest and cheating .... even though ATI said above it is not "officially" cheating in H.

Well *others* (game enemies) do this same behavior in Q which I am not happy about and it appears to be rather common. I didn't understand how anyone could justify this *bad* behavior but considering that the ones I know have done this and continue to do this are Hungarian and also play in Hodito ... I now know how they justify it.

I was hoping this "cheating" was not allowed in Hodito but it now seems by ATI response to me that is even MORE of a problem in H than in Q.

Anarchy for everyone .... just in degrees. LOL

Oh well.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 08:28

Longevity: 84%

Interesting. I have also heard players playing the Queosia version say that they share passwords and log in to each others accounts to ward off attacks by purchasing archers. I always thought this was against the rules, and it seems I was correct as stated by Ati. However, they admitted to currently doing so, and yet must be getting away with it easily, as there were at least a few of them doing so that I am aware of.'
Simple reasoning for me has been to NEVER share my password with anyone. So I am never worried about breaking the rules or having my country moved to Anarchy. And yet, others are doing this and to me, that seems to make it unfair to players who actually stick to the rules. Shouldn't this be an easy thing to stop, by checking on ISP's? And if so, why are these people having no problem logging into each others countries?
Old 01-29-2009, 17:18
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
So basically what I was told by the H players is true, you can control each others countries. That is too bad.
No, you cannot CONTROL each other's countries. That will result in being moved to the anarchist group. Logging in and buying necessary materials is -- by itself -- not punished, however, as I wrote earlier, it will in most cases result in being moved to the anarchist group, simply because people will actually try to CONTROL each other's countries, which is illegal. Therefore I stongly discourage everyone from giving out their login data. Even to their friends, who do not otherwise play the game. This stands for all versions of the game.
Old 01-29-2009, 17:22
Administrator

Quote:
I do like the lack of 90 days limit. I think that rule sucks in Q because if you want to put a country on "hold" for a long time (over 90 days lets say) you are forced to either delete it or PAY for VIP. (except level 1) In my opinion, that rule is only good for trying to *force* me into paying for VIP .... and sometimes it has worked. LOL
I have to say that the 90-day limit is by far the BEST difference in the game, compared to Hódító. You are more likely to succeed in the game this way, and have more pleasant experiences.

As for having a break: you can restart your country once per leveling up, and this can be carried on to the next leve if you don't. So if you run out of time, simply restart the level, and the time will start from day 1. OR go to the top, and go on vacation there. When you come back, you can level up immediately, and your time starts then. OR you can complete the game in 45 days, and have 45 days of vacation per level. That's a month and a half. No need for VIP membership just because of the time-limit. The time-limit should not affect most people, the given time is more than enough to complete the level. Twice even.
Old 01-29-2009, 17:26
Administrator

Quote:
I was hoping this "cheating" was not allowed in Hodito but it now seems by ATI response to me that is even MORE of a problem in H than in Q.
This is not cheating. The rules are created to accomodate gaming habits. Gaming habits include frequent get-togethers, where it might be necessary to check your country, without attacking anybody. Even weekend-long stayovers.
Old 01-29-2009, 17:29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBunnies View Post
I have also heard players playing the Queosia version say that they share passwords and log in to each others accounts to ward off attacks by purchasing archers.
???

You should never leave your country defenceless. If you are well-defended, there is no need for anyone to log in to your country. There is NOTHING they can do to change the outcome of an attack.

It's just plain wrong to leave your country defenceless. With that in mind, there is absolutely no need to give your login details to anybody.
Old 01-29-2009, 17:49

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Hi Laci,

Well I think *you* are one of the persons who offered to help me with translation in H. LOL
Yes, it was me. But I don't know what's the problem with that, or what I posted here earlier, so I don't understand that "LOL".

And as far as I know this thing with people logging in each other's account is not as common as you think. Perhaps it happens sometimes, but since I play the game (a bit more than 6 years) I saw it happen less than 3-4 times. Of course it's my own experience, can't talk about others.

Last edited by laci; 01-29-2009 at 17:52..
Old 01-29-2009, 21:00

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati View Post
???

You should never leave your country defenceless. If you are well-defended, there is no need for anyone to log in to your country. There is NOTHING they can do to change the outcome of an attack.

It's just plain wrong to leave your country defenceless. With that in mind, there is absolutely no need to give your login details to anybody.
Regardless if you should or shouldn't isn't really the issue. Some people DO leave it defenseless. And besides that. Sometimes they have horses sitting there, and an ally "switches" to archers for them, by logging into their account while the attack is on the way. My main point is: I have been TOLD by some of the Hungarian players, that they do this. And have seen it happen as well. To me, this would constitute cheating. Here is a quote right from the Q rules:

"I am in an alliance, but cannot get access to the Internet often. I would like to ask my ally to look at my country every now and then. Can I do this?
No, this is against the rules."

So, as stated, it IS against the rules. And yet they ARE doing it. So I guess the question I have, is why is it being allowed to go on?

Your answer to me, seems to suggest that I might be wanting to share log-ins. I DO NOT! I am upset that others are getting away with this, when clearly the rules state that it is not right. Obviously there are many players who do not do this. But, there are some that do, and checking IP's should be simple enough to check on. Do so, and you can see exactly what I am talking about. Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to DustBunnies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2009, 23:56

Longevity: 95%

It is better to share your phone number ICE than your password...
Old 01-31-2009, 05:58

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBunnies View Post
Some people DO leave it defenseless. And besides that. Sometimes they have horses sitting there, and an ally "switches" to archers for them, by logging into their account while the attack is on the way.

Based on this theory, you cant assume any ally switches to archers for others, for every failed attack of yours.
Sponsored Links