Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Help for new players

Help for new players If you have a question about the game, ask here, and other players may be able to help you get started.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2014, 06:21

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
I won't mention the names but I have recently ( = years) played two other online text games very similar to this one but they both used turns (gained by the hour) instead of this real time strategy. So I think that is what is throwing me off in understanding.
----
So anyway I have been in game for several days and this is what I have done - or attempted to do;

1. Explore for more land. Worked at first but it appears that the game limits amount you can have...at certain levels?
No, every 20 rounds/hours Only a maximum of 10% of your country's current size can be under exploration. So if you have 200 acres then you can explore 20 acres. The more land you have the more you can explore if you have the required # of soldiers and money to do it.

Quote:
2. Hired and/or trained thieves. They left because of limited space. In another different game I had to build barracks and two barrack parts = a full barrack that could hold 2,000 troops. Where is that info in this game?
To better understand check out the construction help, it will give you the base. You can raise that number by writing housing scrolls which can be found under science. Also check your race, some races can write more housing scrolls than others. You can always get the quick answer from your council page under Accommodation.

Quote:
3. Attempted to use magic spells upon myself. I saw that it took several attempts to succeed due to low troop morale..?
Depends which spell you tried, some are harder then others. If you try to cast a spell on other players, you need to have more mages, higher mood and does not hurt to have your magic scrolls on max

Quote:
4. Built various buildings. It appears that all text game I have played over complicate the build page; lol..
Not here. You see the name, how many you have and what you need in order to build 1. green to build, red to demolish.

Quote:
5. Researched economy, etc. by writing scrolls.
Good, now research the rest The Science help will tell you which scroll is for what, how many scrolls = what % and on how many acres, how many wear away, because every day you lose some due to normal use and wear and tear. Caution scrolls can be stolen!

Quote:
6. Attempted to loot another kingdom but failed quite bad.
Please never post any personal info from you or anyone else, never, clever players will use the info. If you failed you were not strong enough to attack your target.

You need information before an attack! There are ways to get the needed information. Wizardry/Crystal ball, if you successful you will see their main page. Underworld/survey building will give you the number of each building they have, so you can guess how many barracks and forts they have. Also does your target has allies or lone wolf? Allies can summon each other for help, lone wolfs get automatic help, but only if they picked lone wolf. Choosing to be a lone wolf is not automatic, you must do it yourself.

Quote:
7. Been successfully attacked by another kingdom for 2 days in which he or she gained my land and/or buildings.
Yes, anyone can attack anyone else except their allies for land, to loot or to raze or slaughter their units.

Quote:
8. And reading so many help pages that my brain feels as though it will explode.
Just keep reading, soon you will get the hang of it. I suggest learn your race's advantages and disadvantages.

http://csak-egy-maradhat.com/
Sponsored Links