Hódító / Queosia forum
Hódító / Queosia forum
http://queosia.com
http://hodito.hu

Go Back   Hódító / Queosia forum > Hódító / Queosia forum > Queosia > Strategy & Tips

Strategy & Tips Want to convince others that your strategy is the best? That your race and personality are the best? This is the place. :)

Old 01-26-2009, 20:48

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Play in Hodito

Hey,

I am considering playing Hodito but only speak English.

I have been offered help with the language problem by a couple of honest hungarian Q players ... that barrier will be hard but am willing to try.

I have an important question concerning the rules on Hodito VS Q

I have been told by a couple of hungarian Q players that in Hodito it is permissible for an alliance member or friend to log into your country and do a few things for you. Sharing passwords is of course needed.

They told me specifically that a friend/ally can log into your country when you are not around and do the following:

Cast any spells except offensive spells on another country.
train men
use the markets to buy and or sell

They told me that they use this "feature" to make sure each others countries are well fed; spells are kept on, men don't overflow their space in barracks, inns, etc; and most disturbing to me that they buy archers and cast defense spells if they see an enemy attacking their friend/ally. Basically the only limit to this "feature" is that they don't do any offensive actions against other countries while they are *helping* out their friend/ally.

This behavior is not legal in Q.

2 questions:

1. Is this behavior indeed legal in Hodito ?

2. Are there any other rules in Hodito that are significantly different than Q?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 22:28
Administrator

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 100%

Hi,

1, While logging in to a friend's account is not illegal, it will -- in most cases -- lead to your country being moved to the Anarchist group. I suggest you NEVER share your login details with anybody. In case you do, you take full responsibility for all their actions. And while you have the perfect list about what can be done in case the do log in, it is our experience that most people will not stop there, and will make other actions as needed, maybe even without your knowledge, resulting in breaking the rules. So in short: do NOT give your login info to anbody. Not even your allies.

2, The Anarchist group has no limit on the number of countries you can have. But I'm guessing you are interested in the normal game, so this does not affect you. Otherwise the rules are pretty much the same.

Last edited by Ati; 01-26-2009 at 22:30..
Old 01-26-2009, 22:29

Longevity: 92%

1. Is this behavior indeed legal in Hodito ?

Your ally mustn't log into your country.

2. Are there any other rules in Hodito that are significantly different than Q?

Yes, there are.I think lot of rules is in the Hodito different than Q, but i'm not very good from English, so i can't tell this rules.

Sorry for my grammar misses.
Redológia (#455305) [1/A] [SZK]

Non omnis moriar (#701164) [3/G]
Old 01-26-2009, 22:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redback View Post
Yes, there are.I think lot of rules is in the Hodito different than Q, but i'm not very good from English, so i can't tell this rules.
Which rules do you mean exactly? Most of them are the same.
Old 01-26-2009, 22:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ati View Post
Which rules do you mean exactly? Most of them are the same.
In Q have 90 days limit in normal groups?In Hodito haven't got days limit in normal groups, only in Anarchist gruops.

Old 01-26-2009, 22:40
Administrator

Quote:
In Q have 90 days limit in normal groups?In Hodito haven't got days limit in normal groups, only in Anarchist gruops.
That's not a rule, that's a feature. But I guess you could say it's one LESS rule in Hódító...

And quite frankly, I like it a lot better WITH the limit, but it would be too late to introduce it in Hódító.
Old 01-26-2009, 22:45

Quote:
That's not a rule, that's a feature. But I guess you could say it's one LESS rule in Hódító...

And quite frankly, I like it a lot better WITH the limit, but it would be too late to introduce it in Hódító.
Sorry, i don't know, this is a feature, i believed it is a rule.Sorry

Old 01-27-2009, 09:11

Longevity: 99%

Hey,

you better avoid others logging in to your account (or you doing the same with other's), and there will be no problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laci For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49

Unhappy

Quote:
Hi,

1, While logging in to a friend's account is not illegal, it will -- in most cases -- lead to your country being moved to the Anarchist group. I suggest you NEVER share your login details with anybody. In case you do, you take full responsibility for all their actions. And while you have the perfect list about what can be done in case the do log in, it is our experience that most people will not stop there, and will make other actions as needed, maybe even without your knowledge, resulting in breaking the rules. So in short: do NOT give your login info to anbody. Not even your allies.

2, The Anarchist group has no limit on the number of countries you can have. But I'm guessing you are interested in the normal game, so this does not affect you. Otherwise the rules are pretty much the same.
ATI, thanks for the response. I don't like the answer but I do appreciate it.

I highly doubt I will be playing Hodito because of that rule (or lack thereof). So to rephrase what you are telling me .....

It is NOT illegal but you recommend not doing it as you might be automatically moved to anarchy even if doing so is not against the rules.

If this is indeed so, it sounds to me like the *normal* game is indeed anarchy:

Anarchy (from Greek: αναρία anarchía, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:

* "No rulership or enforced authority..."

source:wikipedia.

So basically what I was told by the H players is true, you can control each others countries. That is too bad.

Again, thanks for the reply.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:56

Quote:
Thanks Redback!

I do like the lack of 90 days limit. I think that rule sucks in Q because if you want to put a country on "hold" for a long time (over 90 days lets say) you are forced to either delete it or PAY for VIP. (except level 1) In my opinion, that rule is only good for trying to *force* me into paying for VIP .... and sometimes it has worked. LOL
Sponsored Links