Thread: New Players
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 12:47

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by csavo
my suggestion for new players is to start a country, and train many units of everything: archers, horsemen, elites, mages and theves! the race doesent matter. they should stay low, they shouldn't attack for land nor discover land. they should stay on 200 acres, and if they get attacked and lose land, its for the better, because they will get even lower in the scorelist, where good/veteran players dont usually stay much. they will be among other newbies. so stay low, train, write scrolls, and EXPERIENCE: try to make CB's of each other, try to steal from each other, loot each other, but DO NOT ATTACK FOR LAND, because you will find yourself near good players, who will kill you
you should try out every magic/thievery action, and see/discover whats the difference between every action. DO NOT try to read the whole help before you register, because you will understand NOTHING. you must play/experience the game WHILE reading the help when you dont understand something. you will slowly learn the races, personalities, magic and thievery actions, attacks. you will learn strategies from others, and from personal experience.
after you'll know these stuff, you should decide what you like more: magic, thievery or military. you should know which races to chose in every situation: if you want to be a military country, you should chose to be an orc, a giant maybe, but surely not a half-elf; if you want to be a mage, you wouldnt want to chose to be a dwarf; and so on...
if someone bothers you alot, and you cannot do anything about it, you should use diplomacy, by sending him/her a message and let him/her know you are a newbie. if this doesent impress the attacker, dont hesitate to delete your country, and start all over again with a new one. i hate to break all newbies the news, but dont think you will succeed much with your first country. i started over like 5 times when i learnt the game my first good country to get to 4/L was my 5th to 10th country (i dont remember exactly, it was 5 years ago )

i hope i was helpful to all newbie players. i wish everyone good luck, and remember: the key is EXPERIENCE

a little correction because it misleads: not loot each other, but loot the others :P