Old 01-28-2006, 18:04
moron

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half
Hi
hi you Moron
two problems most hungarians do not know what moron means.
Second if you dont specifie what is misleading whats wrong in the help than they wont do anything.
They wont correct it or write a new one if someone tells that it sux.
i did not think i had to specify. it is everywhere. not only are there uncertainties, the english is just plain ugly; which discouragingly, does not help with the gaming experience. there is a lack of correlation between the story lines and technical specs too. and many of the frustrating problems have to do with technical specifics. it is understandble considering its origin and players. but there is nothing wrong with improvement.
i'll provide 2 simple examples (first of which has to do with technical specs, and second, use of language) that i had some problems with.
quote: +20% place in the buildings
explanation: i think its undefined meaning of 'buildings' is clear.
quote: In battles they get more land and more loot. In conquest they get +1% land, in pillage they get +10% loot.
explanation: since it was never mentioned anywhere else in the guide about the numbers on land gains through conquest (exact numbers or otherwise), people could very likely intepret that as 101% of the usual land gains. which later i'm told otherwise is just an additional 1% on top of the usual roughly 7%. and even if it was mentioned, it should still be stated as well.
it is hard to see these obscurity if you have been playing the game for more than a few months, but when i was new, i could hardly understand the guide. please do not interpret this as arrogance but it was not due to my ineptness with english but rather the author's lack of perceptiveness of the many implications of english words. and please do not find fault with my "lack of perceptiveness". it is a written guide and as such should be as clear as possible. i play another game utopia, for a much longer time now, and its guide is much better i'd have to say. take a look and you'll understand my meaning: games.swirve.com/utopia/help/
thanx for reading this far