Hódító / Queosia forum

Hódító / Queosia forum (http://forum.hodito.hu/index.php)
-   Help for new players (http://forum.hodito.hu/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Speed of game (http://forum.hodito.hu/showthread.php?t=692)

Dzsedzs 08-06-2006 10:44

Speed of game
 
Hi All !

When I wanted to register for the game, I have noticed that I can only choose a normal game. Is there a possibility in the future that the game can be played in slow speed as in the Hungarian version? Or did I miss something?

Thx a lot in advice.
:rolleyes:

Ati 08-06-2006 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzsedzs
Hi All !

When I wanted to register for the game, I have noticed that I can only choose a normal game. Is there a possibility in the future that the game can be played in slow speed as in the Hungarian version? Or did I miss something?

Thx a lot in advice.
:rolleyes:

At this point we do not have different speeds in Queosia. As our playerbase grows, we might add this feature, but at this moment it would be pointless to open a group where 10, max 15 countries would play, even on the 5th level.

Dzsedzs 08-06-2006 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ati
At this point we do not have different speeds in Queosia. As our playerbase grows, we might add this feature, but at this moment it would be pointless to open a group where 10, max 15 countries would be play, even on the 5th level.

Yeah, I see. You are right. Didn't know that. Is it possible to know, how many players are there (just around) in the english version in all groups?

Ati 08-06-2006 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzsedzs
Yeah, I see. You are right. Didn't know that. Is it possible to know, how many players are there (just around) in the english version in all groups?

We have just passed 10.000 registered countries.

Dzsedzs 08-06-2006 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ati
We have just passed 10.000 registered countries.

Wow! That's quit a big sum. I congratulate for the team :D . Thx for the infos :)

rtinbr 09-09-2007 01:39

Confused
 
Man, how could anyone want the speed to slow down.
When it takes 20 hrs to build anything, it's allready way toooooooo slow.

Other games I play are about 6 - 8 - 12 hrs for buildings or troops.

At 20 hours it is very hard to correct any mistakes you made.

I will finish this round, but this is probably not the game for me or any of my friends.

The instructions and rules are way tooooooo complicated.


I still cant get an answer on this.

Houses = 50 Villagers, OK

Buildings Hire 15 workers.
But they also make 10 Villagers, is that correct,
So they basically only hire 5 of my Villagers from my houses.
So do I have to build like 8 buildings per House to make 100% Employment.

Also, do my troops come out of my Houses, or are they created when I pay for them and are not deducted from my Villagers.

I am having a hard time making my numbers work.

I also hate the idea that if a building loses 1 employee, all the sudden the building is worthless.

So if I have a store with 15 employees, and I lose 1 of them for some reason, the whole store is now worthless.

The whole number system is unbelievably hard to get hold of.

King Rat 11-09-2014 22:28

Info
 
Ah OK I learn something today. So this game is using real time. 20 rounds = 20 hours = is that correct?

Yes I find it interesting that even though every game page has a help guide (= ? symbol) that it doesn't appear to explain the basics of the game itself.

So I say good job on creating a very interesting visual game but poor job on player usage understandings...

Ati 11-09-2014 22:49

Click on "Short Guide" on the login page. That page has a very basic outline, with links to all the relevant help files.

Ghosti 11-09-2014 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Rat (Post 308211)
Ah OK I learn something today. So this game is using real time. 20 rounds = 20 hours = is that correct?

Yes, if you build them normal time is 20 rounds/hours, depending on race and if you have the money you can build them half the time, which could be different according to each race.

Quote:

Yes I find it interesting that even though every game page has a help guide (= ? symbol) that it doesn't appear to explain the basics of the game itself.
What do you mean by basics? You build your land, train your army, magies and thieves, numbers depends on race and what you want to play, thief, or perhaps conquer land? In time you will grow, you can make allies with other players, and fight, explore or reach the top of the level with diplomatic means. Once you spend 336 rounds among the top on each level you may level up to the next. Level decreasing, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 which is the top level where the game is different.


Quote:

So I say good job on creating a very interesting visual game but poor job on player usage understandings...
Ask away and read the help. For now just keep reading the help and train your army, mages, thieves, try the markets etc.. If you are alone, try to look for allies who can help you.

King Rat 11-10-2014 18:53

I won't mention the names but I have recently ( = years) played two other online text games very similar to this one but they both used turns (gained by the hour) instead of this real time strategy. So I think that is what is throwing me off in understanding.
----
So anyway I have been in game for several days and this is what I have done - or attempted to do;

1. Explore for more land. Worked at first but it appears that the game limits amount you can have...at certain levels?

2. Hired and/or trained thieves. They left because of limited space. In another different game I had to build barracks and two barrack parts = a full barrack that could hold 2,000 troops. Where is that info in this game?

3. Attempted to use magic spells upon myself. I saw that it took several attempts to succeed due to low troop morale..?

4. Built various buildings. It appears that all text game I have played over complicate the build page; lol..

5. Researched economy, etc. by writing scrolls.

6. Attempted to loot another kingdom but failed quite bad. (I am playing a giant.)

7. Been successfully attacked by another kingdom for 2 days in which he or she gained my land and/or buildings.

8. And reading so many help pages that my brain feels as though it will explode.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Design partly based on Hódító's design by Grafinet Team Kft.

Contents and games copyright (c) 1999-2020 - Queosia, Hódító

Partnerek: Játékok, civ.hu